Almost every homeowner thinks that their bathroom is tiny, especially when there are no windows! That can be so disappointing, however, there are things that you can do to either include a window in this space or increase the natural lighting that you currently have.
Here are 6 ideas for including a window in your small bathroom:
Add a Skylight: Since a skylight is up on the ceiling, you probably have enough room to put one in your bathroom. We recommend placing one over your shower so that you can enjoy the shining sun during the day and the sparkling stars and moon at night.
- Add Shutters: Smaller bathrooms normally mean not as many places to put a window of any size, which then leads to privacy concerns. If this is part of your problem, we recommend installing shutters over your window. This way, you can close the shutters when you want privacy and open them when you don’t.
- Add Textured Glass: Privacy will never be a concern when you add textured glass to a window in your bathroom, and that means that you will never need to go without natural light either.
- Add a Glass Block Window: Glass block windows are similar to textured windows, as they allow you the privacy that you want while the light shines through. That means that you can place a window anywhere in your bathroom and never worry about someone looking through.
- Add a Transom Window: Transom windows can work beautifully in smaller bathrooms, as they can be tucked up closer to the ceiling over a toilet or a shower.
- Add a Hopper Window: If you want to be able to open the window that you have in your bathroom, we recommend installing a hopper window. These windows are normally placed high up on a wall, but you can open it downwards for some fresh air. This is a great option if your bathroom is used for numerous hot showers every day, as it will give you a way to get rid of the moisture.
- These are six excellent ways to either add a window or a way to increase the natural light that enters your small bathroom. If you are not sure which one will work best in your bathroom, give us a call; we’ll help you figure it out and advise on what’s best for your bathroom remodeling project.
"No window in your small bathroom? There are several ways to add natural light into your space, we can help!"
Home Remodeling in the Greater Phoenix Area
Call us at 602-478-5102 to discuss remodeling your home, kitchen, or bathroom. Our award-winning designers and builders are happy to show you how we can improve the functionality and style of your space.